The Regina Symphony Orchestra has one contract position available this season and is accepting applications for a qualified violin instructor. The instructor will teach violin for the Arcola Community School Violin Program (formally Strings for Change). This program for students at Arcola Community School provides the opportunity for students to take weekly group violin lessons. Students participate at no charge to the school or families, learn a variety of repertoire, perform throughout the year, and develop a love for music.
Details are as follows:
$140/Session (each session 2.25 hours) (maximum 40 sessions between October 2021 and May 31, 2022)
What the position entails:
- Lead beginner group lessons demonstrating best practices on the violin
- Deliver and meet curriculum goals outlined by the Education and Outreach Manager and Coordinator through methodical and engaging lessons
- Occasional piano accompaniment to beginner violin repertoire.
- Communicate successes, concerns, and challenges to the Violin Program Coordinator
- View lesson log prior to each lesson and complete lesson log at the end of each session
- Attend scheduled instructor meetings and student performances
Essential skills for the position:
• Experience teaching beginner violin and knowledge of a variety of beginner violin methods
• Strong lesson planning, teaching, and classroom management skills
• Professional violinist
• Intermediate piano skills
• Excellent communication skills
Qualified applicants are invited to send a resume, professional credentials and three references, to the Regina Symphony Orchestra.
Closing date for applications: July 2nd, 2021
To apply, send your resume in writing via to Shawn Earle, Education & Outreach
email@example.com, or mail to:
Regina Symphony Orchestra
2424 College Avenue
Regina, SKS4P 1C8
No phone calls please. Late applications will not be accepted.