Principal Bassoon, Regina Symphony Orchestra
Principal Bassoon, Regina Symphony Chamber Players
Canadian Auditions will be held by recorded submission on March 23rd, 2023
Candidates advancing to the live semi-final/final rounds will be invited to audition in Regina for in-person auditions to be held on April 20th, 2023.
Terms and conditions for the 2022-2023 Season for this position are:
Season: 2022/2023: 37 weeks
Salary: $40,652.22 minimum – (23/24: $41,668.53) as per 2022/25 Collective Bargaining Agreement
- 5% MPFC (Musicians Pension Fund of Canada) contribution
- Group Insurance and benefit package, including dental, drug coverage, life insurance, disability insurance. Benefits extend to immediate family.
- Opportunities for teaching – Conservatory of Music and private
Start Date:September 11, 2023
The musicians of the Regina Symphony Orchestra are members of the Canadian Federation of Musicians.
Interested applicants are invited to email a one-page resume including telephone number, and local affiliation to:
Simon Fryer, Personnel Manager
Please include “Bassoon Audition” in the subject line
Application Deadline: Thursday March 16th, 2023
- Full repertoire list + recording information, is made available upon receipt of resume.
- Preliminary round rep lists will be made available to applicants on March 17th, 2023.
- Deadline for submission of your videos is 6:00pm CST March 22nd, 2023
- The Audition Committee reserves the right to dismiss immediately any candidate not meeting the highest professional standard at these auditions.
- *No applications will be accepted by telephone.