Our Revenues from ticket sales cover only 1/3 of the costs to provide high quality concerts with world-class musicians, and to continue to make orchestral music and music education accessible to our community. Over 80% of our annual revenues go directly to putting music on the stage!
Your gift helps the RSO to:
· Present over 30 Concerts every season to over 30,000 people in our audiences, over a 37 week season.
· Provide 5,500 children and youth access to RSO’s School programs in Regina each year.
· Present the Symphony Under the Sky summer concert event in Wascana Park, FREE to over 7,000 people.
· Commission Saskatchewan based composers for world premiere orchestral works, and give young Saskatchewan artists, Orchestral Debut performance opportunities.
· Launch the RSO’s first ever annual music education school program at The Piapot First Nation through our Piapot Project. Through this program, children at Payepot School have weekly music lessons, learn how to play violin, and attend RSO Kids Concerts free.
· Provide outreach concerts to schools and audiences in smaller communities and cities across southern Saskatchewan, including Moose Jaw, Swift Current, Weyburn, Gravelbourg, Melville, and Shaunavon.
· Increase access to orchestral music for people in Regina of many social and economic backgrounds, through our Free Concert Series at the Regina Public Library.
Download the RSO 2012.13 Annual Report: .PDF