Who We Are
RSO Mission Statement
- Live orchestral music and music education enrich life in southern Saskatchewan.
RSO Core Strategies
- Maintain and expand the “RSO family” through engendering feelings of pride, commitment and a personal connection to the orchestra.
- Inspire a new generation and future audience to appreciate orchestral music through education and other opportunities for exposure and engagement.
- Pursue creative and innovative ways to enhance awareness, involvement and support from a growing and diversifying community.
RSO Core Strategy Outcomes
- Excellent Product Quality: High quality performances result in musicians, audiences and the community sharing a deep connection with the orchestra and its repertoire.
- Relevance: The community supports RSO performances and programs, and acknowledges that the RSO is a key contributing element to quality of life in the community.
- Sustainability: The RSO is a thriving organization, artistically and financially, sustained by a dedicated and engaged “family” of supporters.
- The Regina Symphony Orchestra (RSO) is a full scale professional orchestra led by the innovative and exciting Music Director, Gordon Gerrard. All of the RSO Musicians are members of the American Federation of Musicians. During a 39 week season, the orchestra rehearses and performs for: a pre-season outdoor concert, eight Masterworks concerts, five Shumiatcher Pops concerts, three Great-West Life, London Life & Canada Life Kids concerts, six Government House chamber concerts, and three Special concerts including perennial favourite, Handel's Messiah.
Through their professional performances, the RSO Musicians make a valuable contribution to the cultural fabric of southern Saskatchewan. The musicians live and raise their families in Regina and surrounding areas. However, many musicians pursue a variety of other professions while still maintaining their hectic orchestral schedule.