Who We Are
The RSO creates compelling live orchestral music experiences that provide a platform for social, cultural and economic transformation across southern Saskatchewan.
- The RSO is committed to spreading the gift of music through performance, promotion and musical education.
- The RSO will pursue diverse and creative partnerships with local businesses, community leaders, sponsors and donors.
Our Core Strategies:
- Maintain and expand the network of “friends of the RSO” through engendering pride, commitment and a personal connection to the orchestra.
- Educate and inspire children and youth through live orchestral music experiences that positively contribute to personal and community well-being.
- Pursue innovative ways to enhance awareness, involvement and mutual benefit from a growing and increasingly diverse community.
Our Core Strategy Outcomes:
- Excellent product quality. High quality performances result in musicians, staff, audiences and the community sharing a deep connection with the orchestra, its repertoire and its important role in the community.
- Relevance. The community supports our performances and programs and acknowledges the RSO as a key contributor to quality of life and community well-being.
- Growth and Development. The RSO is a thriving organization, artistically and financially. It anticipates and responds to changing community characteristics and needs, and is sustained by a dedicated and engaged network of partners and supporters.
- The Regina Symphony Orchestra (RSO) is a full scale professional orchestra led by the innovative and exciting Music Director, Gordon Gerrard. All of the RSO Musicians are members of the American Federation of Musicians. During a 39 week season, the orchestra rehearses and performs for: a pre-season outdoor concert, eight Masterworks concerts, five Shumiatcher Pops concerts, three Great-West Life, London Life & Canada Life Kids concerts, six Government House chamber concerts, and three Special concerts including perennial favourite, Handel's Messiah.
Through their professional performances, the RSO Musicians make a valuable contribution to the cultural fabric of southern Saskatchewan. The musicians live and raise their families in Regina and surrounding areas. However, many musicians pursue a variety of other professions while still maintaining their hectic orchestral schedule.