DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
The Regina Symphony Orchestra (RSO) is looking for an exceptional and dynamic Director of Development. Reporting to the Executive Director, and working closely with other RSO Staff members, the Director of Development will plan and implement strategies to achieve aggressive annual fundraising goals.
- Plan and oversee all RSO fundraising activities, including Major Gifts, Annual Fund, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Government Granting Agencies, Planned Giving, and Special Events.
- Develop and implement strategies to meet the RSO’s funding priorities.
- Implement a comprehensive donor stewardship program including but not limited to an acknowledgement plan, benefits structures, donor recognition events, and donor communications.
- Represent the RSO to existing and prospective donors.
- Attend concerts and special events.
- Undergraduate degree and at least 5 years development experience.
- Background in Performing Arts is a definite asset.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to the organization’s mission.
- A sense of humour.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package will be provided.
REGINA SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA:
Widely regarded as a national cultural treasure, the Regina Symphony Orchestra (RSO) is the longest continuously playing orchestra in Canada, celebrating its 104th concert season in 2012-2013. The RSO presents its community with a 39-week concert season, and provides quality music performances and educational initiatives to over 75,000 residents of Regina and Southern Saskatchewan each year. RSO Music Director, Victor Sawa, is a winner of Juno and Grammy Awards.
In 2008, His Royal Highness, The Prince of Wales, granted Royal Patronage to the RSO, making it the only orchestra in Canada and one of only four orchestras in the world to be granted this honour.
Regina Symphony Orchestra
2424 College Avenue
Regina, SK S4P 1C8
The review of applications will begin on Friday, December 21, 2012, and search will continue until the suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.